Hello readers welcome to new post. In this post we will discuss the Difference between LiFi and WiFi. These two terms are used to transmit the data without the use of wires. In Wifi routers and Radiofrequency used for data transmission and in LIFi LED bulbs and light signals are used for transfer and receiving the data.
In this post, we will cover all details of these two networks and finds their differences. So let get started Difference between LiFi and WiFi.
Difference between LiFi and WiFi
What is WIFI
- WiFi full form is wireless fidelity and used a wireless system to transmit the data. it compatible to IEEE 802.11 standard to mange the wireless internet system
- The transmission of data through wire is difficult to process since its installation is not easy that why WIFI is most commonly used to provides data transmission through wireless system.
- It work similarly to the local area network in the absence of wires.
- Different computer-based modules like laptops, tablets mobile phones and Smart TVs and digital cameras work on the WIFI
- Data transfer rate is high speed with use of WIFI to transmit the data and files among the different computing devices.
- Through WIFI different devices can link through wireless connections among the devices and the Internet.
What is LiFI
- LIFI full form is light fidelity which used Light signals and LED bulbs for signal transmission between two points.
- For last many years light is working as the main part of illuminating devices at our homes schools colleges and offices
- Nowadays there is innovations has made in light industry that LED not provides light but also used for communication.
- LED work as a wireless communication system that can regulate computer mobile phones and different electronic devices in all over the world
- The main functions of WIFI are explained here
- It has the ability to transmit data from 2.4 gigahertz to five gigahertz with less security issues than the LIFI system
- This technology is considered cheaper than others
- Its installation on any computer is easy thanks to the use of LAN.
- It is also used to configure laptops, printers, game consoles
- It is mostly used for short distances as its signal covers a distance of three hundred feet
WIFI Vs LIFI
- It was invented by professor Harald Hass in 2011
- It used LED bulb for the transmission of data
- It is compatible to IrDA technology
- It can transfer about one gega data
- it follows the IEEE 802.15.7 standard
- Walls are used to securing the data
- it conses with features of unlimited bandwidth
- its frequency is 10, 000 times the frequency spectrum of the radio
- It can cove the data upto ten meters
- Uses less power than the WIFI
- its prices are low than the WIFI
- Its common applications are in airline undersea communications
- WIFI was invented by NCR corporation in 1991
- It used routers and radio waves for signal transmission
- the technology used are WLAN 802.11/b/g/n/ac/d standard compliant devices
- it can transfer data rate from 150Mbps to 2Gb
- It follows the IEEE 802.11 standard
- it has a limited value of bandwidth
- its frequency ranges are 2.4Ghz, 4.9Ghz and 5Ghz
- it can transmit data upto thirty-two meters
- It uses larger power than the LIFI
- it used in fewer dens conditions
- Its prices are high
- Common applications are internet browsing
- it has unlimited bandwidth
- uses less power than wifi
- it is a secure module
- Its operating speed is high and effective
- It is free from electromagnetic interference
- It makes interfere with the light of the sun, normal bulb, etc
- it range is small
- Its starting prices are high
- It can not passes through walls
That is all about the Difference between LiFi and WiFi all parameters has covered to finds differences. So thanks for reading.