Hello, readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Difference Between HDD and SSD. These two storage are called nonvolatile storage devices that used in personal computers and other devices. The common difference between this two storage is that the technology used for storing the data both use different techniques for storing od data.
In this post, we will discuss different paramerts of these two storage devices and different related functions. So let get started.
Difference Between HDD and SSD
What is HDD
- The HDD stands for hard disk drive is data storage device of electro-mechanical natures that uses magnetic storage for storing and retrieving data.
- With magnetic storage uses rotating platters having a coating of magnetic material.
- Platters are grouped with the magnetic head normally configured at moveable actuator arm that helps toreads and write data from platter surface.
- Data is get in a random way which means single block of data can read and get and in any sequence.
- HDD is a non-volatile memory unit that stores data if power is not connected. The shape of HDD is a rectangle.
- It was invented by the IBM in 1956 and were commonly used for general-purpose computer at the start of 1960
- Now it is very commonly employed in servers and PCs.
- Including Toshiba Seagate, almost 224 companies are making this storage device.
What is SSD
- SSD stands for solid-state storage devices used for ICs to store data through use of flash memory and work as secondary storage.
- It also named as semiconductor storage devices, solid-state disk, and solid-state device.
- SSD does not have moving parts like the HDD and have very fast access time, It stores data in microchips that make it operate faster.
- SSD has a small size than HDD and can be connected on the motherboard. In a simple way, it is an advanced form of USB
- It relies on the flash memory having NOR and NAND as two flashes.In mostly SSD NAND flash memory is used since it is high speed and have a small size than NOR,
- It is also a nonvolatile memory unit that stores data when power is off.
- There is processor is used in the storage to read and write data. COntroller of SSD define the reading and writing speed of SSD.
Why SSD Is Better than HDD
- Some points make SSD better than HDD
- Speed: The speed of SSD is high than the HDD and not have a moveable portion so can read data ten times faster than HDD and twenty times the writing speed high than HDD.
- Efficiency:It uses less power than the HDD so energy efficient this storage
- Less OverHeat: SSD is less heat resistant than HDD. SO its performance is good than HDD
- Less weight: The weight of SSD is less than the HDD.
That is all about the Difference Between HDD and SSD. All details have been explained if you have any further query ask in the comments, Thanks for reading have a good day.