Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Today we will learn Difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. There are different types of networks are used for communication like LAN, WAN, and MAN.In all these networks communication is done through use of ethernet. It was the first time the user in the 1990s and is compatible with the IEEE 802.3u standard. Ethernet is considered a less cost communication system than others since it permits users to enhance their connections without any hindrance.
In this post discuss the two main types of ethernet and finds their differences. So let’s get started Difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet
Difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet
What is Fast Ethernet
- The technology Ethernet started at end of 80s through IEEE 802.3 standard and remains to make improvements with the passage of time in speed and dependability.
- The normal data transmission speed for ethernet is about ten megabits per second and rises than the fifteen MBps
- Fast Ethernet is a type of ethernet that was started in 1995 according to IEEE 802.3u standards.
- The main motive of this technology was to ensure their usability and devices used in the system according to standard ethernet modules
- It has compatibility to work for one hundred BTS and also has compatibility to work with ten BTS systems permitting users to get high-speed internet without having any disturbance
- The communication speed of fast ethernet is ten times larger than the standard ethernet and is considered as fruitful for making high-speed servers, reducing bandwidth issues for the system.
- For fast ethernet transmission, there can e UTP having a category of 5 and larger can be used.
- The highest length and compatibility of UTP cables is a hundred meters and its bandwidth can be restricted
- Fiber optic transmission is preferred for larger distances and high bandwidth through UTP cables helps fast ethernet systems to operate at a high-level configuration
What is Gigabit Ethernet
- The latest version of ethernet is gigabit started in 1999 and follows the IEEE 802.3ab standard and in 2004 uses the IEEE 802.3ah standard.
- It gives the distortion less communication for one thousand per second system.
- The standard IEEE 802.3ab give the gigabit ethernet usability in the case of one thousand BTS systems and permits the use of UTP cables
- The IEEE 802.3ab standard compatible gigabit ethernet can used be used at the industrial and local levels through category 5 cables.
- Standard IEEE 802.3ah can handle thousands of BTS, especially one thousand base LX10 and thousand bases BX10 for different mode fibers
- The gigabit-compatible devices can transmit a larger value of data than the fast ethernet
- The gigabit ethernet switch can send data packets with a speed a hundred times larger than the fast ethernet.
- Gigabits ethernet can fulfill the communication system requirements like joining the numerous bandwidth devices and broadband internet links in case of video
- The gigabits ethernet comprises gigabits switches that can configure data transfer among the numerous IP security cameras and system devices.
- It can also be used for high-quality signal transmission among the servers and HD TVs and monitors
Fast Ethernet vs Gigabit Ethernet
- A comparison between ethernet and gigabit is made here
- The price of gigabit ethernet is larger than the fast ethernet
- The configuration of fast ethene is easy than the gigabit ethernet has difficult installation
- Fast ethernet has compatibility with the older techniques and can continue to other standards
- Gigabit ethernet needed certain types of system to operate that fast ethernet is not needed
- The scalability of gigabit ethernet can be done that is not in the fast ether so gigabit can be used for commercial and industrial uses
- The operating speed of gigabit ethernet is a hundred times larger than the fast ethernet
- The distance covered by the gigabit ethernet is large than the fast ethernet is about seventy kilometers for gigabit and ten km for fast ethernet
That is all about the Difference between Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet all detail has explained. Here we can conclude that both have their own advantages and features. Thanks for reading have a nice day see you in a new post.
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2