Hello readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn Difference Between Computer and PLC. The full form of computer is a common operating machine purposely used for technological and educational research. Nowadays the computer has become very common for us from our houses to schools, colleges, universities, industries, shopping centers, laboratories, etc computer is being used. With the invention of the computer our mathematical calculation and data processing has become very easy and less time-consuming.
What is Computer
- The computer word was derived from the word compute that means to calculate. Computer stands for common operating machine purposely used for technological and educational research.
- It is an electronic instrument or device that processes raw material or data into information or in our desired output. Processing any data provided to the computer program is used.
- There are main parts of the computer and numerous subparts’ first main part is the control unit (CU) and the second is the arithmetic logic unit (ALU).
- ALU performs the arithmetic and logic operation on the computer.
- CU controls the operation sequences according to stored data or information in the memory unit.
- Charles Babbage is known as the father of a computer he designed the first mechanical computer that known as an analytical engine.
Computer Categorization on basis Data Handling
- There are three main categories of a computer on the basis of technology used that are listed here.
- Digital Computer
- Analog Computer
- Hybrid Computer
Computer Input Devices
|microphone||Pen Input||Electronic pad|
|Touch screen||Video Capture hardware||Electronic whiteboard|
|MIDI Keyboard||Digital Camera|
Computer Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Central processing of computers is known as the brain of the computer. All function performed in the computer is controlled by the CPU.
- There are 3 main parts of computers.
- In this part of the computer, all logic and arithmetic operations are performed.
- Addition,substarction, multiplicatons,division all are arithmatic operaions.’
- A comparison of numbers, letters, and special characters is logic operations.
- This part of CPU control and coordinate with the other parts of the computer.
- The function of registers is to store and execute data very fastly.
What is PLC
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is a new development for our industries. After its creation, our working in industries and controlling different devices has become very easier.
- It was intended for numerous input and output arrangements, higher temperature ranges, resistance to electrical sound, and opposition to pulsation and its effect.
- Programs for the controller and process of industrial apparatus and equipment are typically stored in battery-supported or non-volatile storage.
- A PLC is like an actual system because the output of any process that is under control of PLC depends on the inputs.
- From this, we can say that plc is generally a digital computer which builds for controlling the machine.
- Different from our personal computer it prepared for according to industry working situations and it consists of special input and outputs and its special programming language.
- At its creation time, it was considered the replacement of relay but due to many functional capabilities, it started working in numerous complicated industrial submissions.
- As its construction is the same as the computer, it has ability to work not only for relays switching but also perform many applications like time calculation, counting, comparison, and processing of different analog signals.
Memory of PLC
- Memory is the portion of a Programmable Logic Controller that gathers statistics, commands, and the controlling programs.
- The space or size of storage of plc normally denoted as (K), like (1k), (2k), etc.
- The (K) is an abbreviation of kilo usually it denoted 1000 units.
- But in case of computers and Programmable Logic Controller, one (k) is equal to 1024, since these calculations are founded on the binary numeral system.
- According to the memory category, one (K) can be denoted as (1024 bits), (1024 bytes), or (1024 words).
- While it is general for us to calculate the storage capability of PLC in words, we required to see the number of bits in every word before the storage dimension can be precisely related.
- The volume of memory needs to be designed according to the applications.
- Before the installation of the plc, some factors that should be in the notice explains here.
- Quantity of inputs and out connections.
- The magnitude of the program controller.
- Statistics gathering necessities
- Controlling functions requisite
- Future developments
That is all about the Difference Between Computer and PLC if you have any further query ask in comments.