Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between CFL & LED Bulbs. The basic difference between CFL and LED is that the light emits in the CFL due to the ionization of mercury vapor. After ionization vapor of mercury generates UV rays. When these rays of ultraviolet light collide with the tube coated with the phosphorous produces visible light. While LED is PN junction diode so when it is in forward biasing condition than due to a combination of charge carriers in the P and N region it releases light photons.
Both CFL and LED generate visible light. For light production mercury is used in CFL that is dangerous for our environment and human beings. With that, it needed some extra elements like ballast, tungsten tube which has a coating of barium all these things increase the price of CFL. The working operation of CFL is based on the ionization of vapors. The ionization process transforms the light energy in the heat. Due to this heat power usage of bulbs increases and it decreases the lifetime of the bulb.
The annihilation of LED is easy than the CFL since in LED there is no harmful material used like the CFL. In LED chip constructed with the semiconductor material is used that can be easily recycled with the doping of impurities. Due to the emission of light in a single direction LED is brighter than the CFL. Most part of the energy produced by the diode is transformed in the light. There is less heat is generated in the LED that decreases their power usage and enhances their efficiency. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both LED and CFL and compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with difference between LED and CFL.
Difference Between CFL & LED Bulbs
- The CFL stands for compact fluorescent lamp and also named as energy-saving bulb
- It is now used as a replacement for old incandescent bulbs.
- There is the tube is placed at an incandescent bulb and the is a ballast exit at bottom of the tube
- If we have many incandescent lambs then CFL given a similar value of power through saving 1/5 to 1/3rd of the power
- its operating life is larger than normal bulb
- The cost of a CFL is larger than a bulb but it saves the cost used for its operating than a bulb that uses large energy.
- It consists of hazardous mercury substance can fact the health
- Its working simple electrons in the mercury get execution through power supply and release light
- these modules are created through semiconductor materials.
- Their efficiency is high than CFL
- Life of operation is five thousand hours
- Less expensive than CFL
- The full form is Light-emitting diodes bulbs
That is a detailed post about the difference between LED and CFL bulbs if you have any query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading, have a good day.