Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Active and Passive Filter. The basic difference between active and passive filter is that for filtration process in active filter elements like a transistor and operational amplifier is used. While in passive filter resistance, inductor and capacitor are used for signal generation. There is another difference is that for the operation of active filter exterior power source is required and in the passive filter, there is no need of exterior power source.
FIlters are such circuitry that has the capability to pass certain frequency band and reject frequency outer from that band. These filter circuitry shows the feature of frequency selectivity. In today’s post, we will have a detail look at both active and passive filters and compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with a Difference Between Active and Passive Filter.
Difference Between Active and Passive Filter
- These circuits belong to the analog circuitry used in active components to work like amplifiers.
- The amplifier used in this arrangement helps to make a good operation with less cost.
- There is another benefit of amplifiers is that they stop the load impedance.
- They come with complicated poles in the absence of costly inductors.
- There are four main types of active filters
- Low pass, high pass, bandpass, and active pass
- It needed an exterior power supply for operation.
- Their circuitry is complicated.
- Their weight is less than the passive filter.
- This filter has a high Q factor.
- This sensitive circuit than the passive circuits.
- These circuits are constructed with passive elements like resistance, inductor, and capacitor.
- Their price is less than the active filters.
- The element used in the circuitry explains the filter order.
- These filters are less complicated than active filters.
- The use of inductors increases its weight.
- Their Q factor is less than the active filters.
- This circuit is not needed any exterior power supply.
- These circuits are known as passive since there is no need for outer supply to work on
- The inductor used in the circuitry helps to stops the larger frequency elements and operates on less.
- The type of filter circuitry that allows the signal to move from the inductor is called low pass filter
- This circuitry has capacitors and inductors as reactive components.
- These are less sensitive than passive filters.
That is all about the difference between active filter and passive filter if you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.