Hello, readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Difference between 3G and WiFi. The 3G and WIFI not used wires for the communication of data between transmitter and receiver or are wireless techniques. WIFI is used for high-speed internet access that links closely attached devices and sends the internet signal through the use of hotspots and 3G is a group of different standards that used in mobile communications.
In this post we will discuss the different paramerts of these two technologies and find their differences. So let get started Difference between 3G and WiFi
Difference between 3G and WiFi
What is 3G
- 3G stands for the third generation and is used for mobile wireless mobile communication.
- It is upgraded than the previous communication protocols like 2G, 2.5G, and 2.75G.
- 3G communication gives the high-speed transfer of data with high-quality voice.
- This system is compatible with the different standards applicable for mobile systems and telecommunications services which are on based of international mobile telecommunications-2000.
- Its common applications are voice telephones internet access on mobiles video calls mobile television.
- This communication system is based on the services that offer the information transfer rate value of 144 kilobits per second.
- With the passage of time 3G introduces 3.5G and 3.75G that offer access of different Megabits per second to mobile phones and laptops
- this service is regulated by the service provider
- Data transfer speed for this module is forty-kilo byte to seventy-kilo byte
- It is more expensive than the WIFI modules
- It mostly used for data transmission for larger areas
- Its data transfer speed is 850 megahertz to 1900 megahertz
- It is only accessible for companies having a Wide area network
- 3G service is replaced with 4G and 5G currently
How does 3G work?
- For 3G systems there is the main group is UMTS. Like the older 2.5 G system, UMTS is packet-based.
- In the previous system, circuit-switched used that indicating that only nominated circuits ar involved for complete circuit connection between 2 users
- Through the use of a packet switching system, this system is easy and effective to linked modules to share bandwidth and transmit data packets
- Similar to GPRS UMTS makes the cost of data transfer on the base of data transfer. It is considered a less expensive technique for different industrial applications.
Applications of 3G
- The location data and bandwidth existing in the 3G modules enhance its applications.
- 3G enables the users to use the internet on this network with fewer restrictions and it offers high speed than the 2G network.
- It used in different medical instruments, alarms monitors, and mobile phones
- It is considered the first communication system used at a wide level for mobile communications
What is WIFI
- WiFI is stands for wireless fidelity and a group of different network protocols that are compatible to IEEE 802.11.
- This standard is used for local area network devices and internet services permitting the close existing devices to transfer data.
- WIFI is used all over the world in a computer systems like tablets, mobile phones printers smart tv.
- It is employed at different places such as offices, hotels, airports buildings schools
- Wifi access is controlled by the router of WIFI
- Its data transfer speed is 11 megabytes per second to fifty-five megabyte per second
- It is less expensive than the 3G
- It uses LAN for data transmission
- Its frequency for data transmission is 2.4 to five gigahertz
- Its frequency is considered as secure as the 3G
- Its features is less dependent on other networks
- The main features of WIFI are explained here
- It has the ability to transmit the 2.4 gigahertz to five gigahertz data with fewer security issues than the 3G system
- This technology is considered as less expensive than other
- Its installation at any computer is easy through use of LAN.
- It is also used for the configuration of laptops, printers gaming consoles
- It is mostly used for small distances since its signal covers the three hundred feet distance
That is all about the difference between 3G and WiFi all details has covered if you have any further queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day.