Hello, readers welcome to The Engineering Knowledge. Today we will discuss Difference between 3G and 4G. The letter G in 3G and 4G is generation. These two networks are used in mobile communication systems but they two are not the same. 3G is an older technique and 4G is an upgraded form of 3G.
3G is used to provide customers with better quality of data transfer than eh previous technology 2G. While 3G is an upgraded technology that offered high-quality data transfer with high bandwidth. In this post, we will different parameters to define their differences. So let get started Difference between 3G and 4G.
Difference between 3G and 4G
What is 3G
- 3G is considered a generation of standards used for mobile communication systems and compatible with the international mobile telecommunication-200.
- It has features of transfer for voice and data through a single network at the same time.
- It offers broadband features and has the ability to transmit a larger quantity of voice and data than the 2G.
- It uses circuit switching for voice transmission and packet switching for the transmission of data.
- Its data transfer rates are
- 2.05 Mbits/s if it used by static devices
- 384 Kbits/s used for slow-speed devices and for high-speed devices data transfer rate is 128 Kbits/s
- Its highest data rate is about the five Mbits per second
- Its download of data rate is twenty-one Mbits per second
- Its frequency range is 1.8 to 2.5 Gigahertz.
- It is lenient in a horizontal configuration
- It uses turbo codes for error removal
- Broadband service is used in 3G for internet
- The most common technology used in 3G are UMTS, EDGE, and WCDMA
- The main parts of 3G systems are discussed here
- Mobile station
- Mobile station: The mobile station is any communication device like mobile phones tablets computer
- RAN: The radio access network comprises a base station and controller of radio that makes a bridge-like configuration between the mobile station and core network
- CN: It offers the control of mini systems and processing.
- It required small distances base station and costly
- It uses larger power
- It not have the feature of data and roaming working simultaneously
- The prices used for the creation of cellular structure and base station upgrading are larger
What is 4G
- The 4G stands for 4rth generation and it is the upgraded version of 2G and 3G. It offers features compatible to ITU including different features such as flexibility, scalability efficiency, and secure network
- Its downloading speed is about fourteen megabits per second which is 5 times high than the 3G system
- Its speed can enhance to 150 megabits per second permitting customers to download many GBs of data instantly.
- Its uploading speed is also high about eight megabits per second
- It helps users to download videos in one gigaperseconds
- It uses message switching and packet switching
- It lenient in both horizontal and vertical fashion
- It uses concatenated for error removal
- Its main parts are explained here
- UE: It is any operating module like mobile phones computers laptops
- E-UTRAN: It regulates radio communication among the user device and EPC. LTE mobile has features to link single call and one base station.
- EPC: It is used to make connections among the inner and outer packet data system and internet protocols. It has some parts
- HSS it holds the data of all network operator
- MME That handles the high level of function through messages and HSS
- S-GWIt forward data among the PDN and base station
- It has less time between connecting creation and transmission
- It enhances the data throughout
- It is highly secure
- It does not need a frequency equalizer at the receiver end so it process reduces
- It uses less power for mobiles
- Its structure is very simple
- To coordinate location and resource coordination for adding new modules is not good
- It handles certain numbers of calls at a single time
- For concentrated service of data needed high value of bandwidth
- It has not been used in distant areas since needed of a wireless system
That is all about the Difference between 3G and 4G all details has explained. If you want to know further ask here
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2