Hello, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will discuss cr2016 vs cr2032. The cr2016 and cr2032 batteries are commonly used batteries in electronic projects and circuits also in devices. They are circular-shaped batteries like circles mostly used in toys and remote controls. They look similar but have many differences. CR2032 and CR2016 are coin batteries and have the same value of volts at the output. Their power ratings and size are the main differences. These two batteries have many differences that will be discussed in this post in detail. So let’s get started with the Difference Between cr2016 and cr2032 Batteries
What is the CR2016 Battery?
- It is a small size and less weight lithium coin battery like the CR2016 employed to power differnt small devices like watches, calculators, keychains, and small electronic devices.
- This battery is non-rechargeable having three volts and a milliampere-hour or (mAh) capacity is 90 to 100.
- There are many lithium coin batteries that exist, but this battery is commonly used compared to the CR2032 battery due to its similar structure and compatibility with different same devices
CR2016 Battery technical features
- Here are some technical features of CR2016 explained
- Lithium chemistry: The lithium chemistry used in this battery provides high energy density and a large operating life. That means it can store high energy in small areas and work for longer periods
- Small-size Strcutre: Its dia is about 20mm in diameter and has a thickness is 1.6 mm.
- High voltage: The nominal voltage for this battery is 3 volts, which is higher than the other coin cell battery types. Its high voltage makes it best for digital cameras and portable gaming consoles
- Less self-discharge rate: It stores charges for a longer duration due to its less self-discharge rate feature. Smoke detectors and emergency lights make use this feature
|Chemistry||Lithium Manganese Dioxide (Li-Mn)|
|Shelf Life||10 years|
What is a CR2032 Battery?
- It is a button cell battery that has a small size and cylindrical shape and is mostly used in low-power rating devices.
- It comes with 3V nominal volts with a 225mAh capacity and is a lithium-cell battery
- its main uses are calculators, keyless entry systems, remote controls, and small electronic toys.
- it is also compact and less weight and is preferred for small devices
- Its operating life is about ten years.
- it is like the CR2016 and CR2025 in terms of size and design. It provides higher power due to a larger capacity
Technical Features of CR2032
|Type||Lithium coin cell|
|Nominal voltage||3 volts|
|Chemistry||Lithium manganese dioxide|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to 60°C|
|Shelf life||10 years|
2016 vs 2032 battery
- The main difference between CR2016 and CR2032 is their size and capacity. Then the CR2032 and CR2016 batteries are in size and come with less dia. Its dia is 20 mm and 1.6mm while the cr2032 battery has a 20mm diameter and 3.2mm thickness. The capacity of the cr2032 battery is double more than that of the cr2016 battery.
cr2032 vs cr2016
- The cr2032 battery is used in computer motherboards, watches, and medical devices that need a battery with a larger capacity. It features a 3V voltage and 225mAh battery capacity.
- While the cr2016 battery is used in low-power devices like calculators and remote controllers. It has a 3V voltage and 90mAh capacity.
Are cr2016 and cr2032 interchangeable?
- These two batteries look the same but they cannot be interchangeable. Their capacity is the main reason for this
- As the capacity of the cr2016 cell is less replacing it with a cr2032 battery can affect devices. While devices will continue their function we replace the cr2016 battery with the cr2032 cell, but the replaced battery would be thicker and might not fit correctly in the battery area
- It’s important to note that each device can use these two batteries. Some devices could need a completely different size or battery type
|Specification||CR2016 Battery||CR2032 Battery|
|Nominal Voltage||3 Volts||3 Volts|
|Weight||1.8 gram||3.2 gram|
|Chemistry||Lithium Manganese Dioxide||Lithium Manganese Dioxide|
|Shelf Life||8 years||10 years|
|Usage||Remote Controls, Calculators, Small size electronic devices Key Fobs,||Fitness Trackers, Watches, Medical Devices, also in Small Electronics|
In conclusion, as they look the cr2016 and cr2032 batteries differ significantly in both their size and capacity. The cr2032 battery is used in computer motherboards and watches since it has double the capacity of the cr2016 battery. the cr2016 battery is used in low-power devices like calculators and remote controllers.