Hello readers welcome to the new post. Here we will learn Anna May Wong Quarter Worth | Explore Today 2023.The coin that has become very famous and getting high-value importance is the Anna May Wong Quarter. In this post, we will cover details of the history, significance, and value of the Anna May Wong Quarter in 2023. let’s start with Anna May Wong Quarter Worth
Life and Legacy of Anna May Wong
Early Life and Career
Anna May Wong was born in 1905, she was a trailblazing Chinese-American actress who became famous at the start of the twentieth century. She started her work in the silent film era, during which she faced racial problems, but she continued her work and became the first Chinese-American actor to do mainstream movies.
Wong has enough mindset to handle the racial prejudices due to her perseverance and talent. She played the main role the different movies like Toll of the Sea (1922) and Shanghai Express (1932),
Commemorative Anna May Wong Quarter
Design and Features
The Anna May Wong Quarter, made has honorary coins and comes with a strike desing. On the front side of the coin, there is a photo of Anna May Wong with iconic beauty and grace. At the back end, there is a symbol of her career such as a classic film reel and a dragon, showing her cultural heritage.
This famous quarter was made in limited numbers, so it became favorable for collectors. Just 10,000 were in circulation so it rare quarter
History of Anna May Wong Quarter
The Anna May Wong Quarter was fifth in the USA Women Quarters Program, which was first time used in 2022 by the US Mint. The program honors trailblazing women in US history, and Wong was famous for her contributions to the film industry as the first Chinese-American film star.
At an early age, she started his acting career. Shw boin in 1905 in Los Angeles. During her career, there were many difficulties she faced but she continued her work and became part of Asian American performers. She played the leading role in many movies
Wong had difficulties in her career sometimes she was forced into clichéd parts and sometimes not add to different roles in Hollywood movies. She continues her hard work and opens the doors for a new generation of Asian American performers.
She worked as an inspiration for different Asian Americans and changed how they were represented in the media. The best tribute to her life and contributions is the Anna May Wong Quarter.
The coin was made by US Mint Medallic Artist Craig A. Campbell and its design was made by US Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) artist Emily Damstra. Wong’s photo is on the back side, her head resting on her palm and configured with the dazzling lights of a marquee sign. The George Washington photo on the coin’s front side is based on a design by Laura Gardin Fraser.
On October 13, 2022, this quarter started to circulation. An Asian American lady first time used in American history
Mintage of Anna May Wong Quarter
The mintage of the 2022 Anna May Wong Quarter are
- Denver Mint: 240 million
- Philadelphia Mint: 226.8 million
- San Francisco Mint: 7,566
S or San Francisco Mint is considered as low mint for any quarter in U.S. Mint history.
The Anna May Wong Quarter was made for a 500 million coin mintage. That is high increases with older American Women QuartersTM Program mintage. That shows that the US is facing a high level of demand for Anna May Wong Quarter.
2022 Anna May Wong quarter error
- Finger doubling: If the die is used to strike the coin and is not correctly aligned this error. it can cause the finger on Wong’s hand to look doubled or blurred.
- Die breaks: If a crack is created on the die using a strike. It can have a raised line on the coin
- Die chips: If a small piece of metal breaks off from one due during a strike. It has raised a coin.
- Teardrop: it is very rare and has on a handful of coins. if a small piece of metal is torn from edge of the coin. it resulted teardrop-shaped mark on the coin.
Anna May Wong Quarter Main Features
- Design: On the back side of the coin there is a close-up image of Anna May Wong with her head on her hand. The front design has a photo of George Washington, this desing was made by Laura Gardin Fraser.
- Composition: The coin is made of copper and nickel alloy.
- Size: The coin is 24.26 millimeters in diameter and 1.75 millimeters thick.
- Weight: The coin weighs 5.67 grams (0.2 ounces).
- Mintage: The mintage is about 500 million coins.
Anna May Wong Quarter Valuable Error Varieties
- Doubled die obverse: If two die strike coins at the same time makes a double image of the front design. Doubled die quarter are reffed and Anna wong is highly accepted.
- Drooping Washington: If the Washington Quarter die is damaged, causes the Washington photo to move downward. Drooping Washington quarters are rare, and have high value for selling
- Teardrop If a small piece of metal is chipped off of the coin during striking. Teardrops lie on the back or front side of the coin they can be small size or larger. These error quarters are rare and can sold for hundred dollars according to teardrop size and condition
- Die chip: If a small piece of metal is chipped off of the die during striking. Die chips exist on either the front or back side they can be small or larger. These are rare and can have high value
- Off-center strike: If coins are to be struck at mid of die. this error exists at the reverse of the coin or back and they can have low to high conditions. It is rare and has a high value
Anna May Wong Quarter Rolls and Bags
The USA Mint released rolls and bags of uncirculated 2022 Anna May Wong quarters on October 25, 2022. The following product options exist
- Bag of 100 uncirculated clad quarter dollars minted in Philadelphia (product code 22WBJ) – $40.00
- Bag of 100 uncirculated clad quarter dollars minted in Denver (product code 22WBK) – $40.00
- Two-roll set containing a total of 80 uncirculated clad quarter dollars minted in Philadelphia and Denver (product code 22WRJ) – $36.00
- Three-roll set containing a total of 120 uncirculated clad quarter dollars minted in Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco (product code 22WRK) – $54.00
|100 bag uncirculated clad quarter dollars minted in Philadelphia||22WBJ||40 Dollar|
|100 bags of uncirculated clad quarter dollars minted in Denver||22WBK||40 Dollar|
|Two-roll set with 80 uncirculated clad quarter dollars made in Philadelphia and Denver||22WRJ||36 Dollar|
|Three-roll set having a total of 120 uncirculated clad quarter dollars made in Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco||22WRK||54 Dollar|
Is Anna May Wong a rare quarter?
No, the 2022 Anna May Wong quarter is not a rare coin. It was made in large numbers and available in circulation.
How much is a 1977 quarter worth in 2023?
in the circulated condition value is from $0.30 and $0.85.. However, an uncirculated 1977 quarter can be worth up to 145 dollars
Which quarters are worth $35000?
Some 1970 Quarters Are Worth $35,000.. One example is the 1970-S quarter with no mintmark.
What quarters are worth $400?
2022 quarters are worth up to $400
How much is a 1976 quarter worth in 2023?
The Washington Quarter from 1776 to 1976 in the circulated condition is $0.30 and $0.85. But uncirculated condition sells for about $6000.
What quarter is worth 5000?
The only quarter that is consistently worth $5000 or more is the 1976 quarter with no mintmark.
What quarters are worth $2000?
li 1970 quarter with no mintmark and the 1976 quarter with a mintmark error.
Why is a 1970 quarter valuable?
A small number of quarters made in 1970 come with small misprints making them valuable.
What’s the value of a 1970 quarter?
Circulated 1970 quarters have a face value of about ($0.25). uncirculated quarters can be $5000. The most valuable 1970 quarters are those with no mintmark.
How much is a 1970 quarter worth now?
Washington Quarter from 1970 in circulated condition has values from$0.30 and $0.85
How much is a 1982 quarter worth?
$0.30 and $0.85.1982 P Quarters in pristine, the uncirculated condition has a value of about $1700.
Which quarter is worth $1000000?
Only a few quarters are worth $1000000 or more. 1970-S quarter with no mintmark.
How much is a 1967 quarter worth?
Its value is $7.50 to $10 in mint state condition and in circulation can have a value from $25 to $150
Is a 2013 quarter worth anything?
Yes, some 2013 quarters are worth higher than face value. Such as, the 2013 S-mintmark quarter with a doubled die front is worth $100.
How much is a 1983 quarter worth in 2023?
A circulated 1983 quarter is worth $0.25. In uncirculated conditions, the value is $20.
How much is a 1965 quarter worth in 2023?
A circulated 1965 quarter is worth about ($0.25). However, an uncirculated 1965 quarter can be worth up to $10.