Hello readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Advantages of SMT Technique. With the advancement in the construction of electronic devices and projects there is need of such technology that fulfill the all needs for reduction of devices circuits and make them compact. SMT has offered the methods through which new innovation has been introduced in the PCB industry and different components and devices are creating with use of this technique effectively.
SMT is methods through which different components are placed on the boards and make projects circuits with less cost and high quality way. Here we will covers all details related to advantages of SMT technique in industry and how it has revolutionized the PCB industry and you will learn how JLCPCB is offering the high quality SMT services to their users and customers and they are working with high quality machines in this techniques.
History of SMT
- SMT first time called planer mounting and used by IMB in 1960s, they uses this technique for creation of small level computes.
- After that it was employed for use in space technology after that become very common for us in different engineering tools and projects.
- SMT makes electronic circuits where elements are positioned on the PCB board.
- The resultant products created through use of SMT technique called SMD. With the use of this technique there has been through hole technology has be replaced with it.
- Numerous elements employed in SMT called SMD and small size has less weight since has small size pin out.
Components of SMT
- There are 3 main types of components are used in SMT technology that are described here.
- Passive components: Its common examples are resistances and capacitors that comes with windings and used for such devices that needed quantity of energy.
- Seconds are small size components that transistors and diodes. Transistors comes with three pinouts and diode has two pins.
- Thirds one is ICS that comes with 8 to 14 pinouts and some comes with larger numbers of pinouts generally two hundred pins. With the use of SMT the size boards has been reduced to decreases the cost for creation of board.
Advantages of SMT Technique
- There are different advantages offered by the SMT technique that are described here with the detailed.
Small Size Board
- Through use of SMT components are connect on the board with less distance that results creates the small size board with compact design.
- In results projects can be created in light weight and simple design. This helps engineers to make the board with more than one design configuration in simple way.
- With the less weight devices creation helps to make them use practically in larger way then others and easy to transport from one place to other.
Dense Components creation
- SMT permits us to place more elements on the boards and helps to arrange the more components on the board.
- It also helps to make extra connections for other components added on the board.
- It also helps to connect the components on both sides of boards and reduce the cost for creation of multilayers PCB boards.
- The components created through use of SMT are less expensive than the through hole technique used. With that manufacturer and SMT service providers also has impact on the cost of SMT products.
- JLCPCB offered the SMT services at affordable prices and with high quality products and machines are used at the platform of JLCPCB.
- There is more than 350K components are exist in the JLCPCB stock. There is no need to worry about the parts sourcing it helps save you time and also reduce your cost.
- In addition, you can pre-order the parts and hold the inventory at JLCPCB, giving you peace of mind that you will not experience any part deficiency at the last minute.
- For quality inspection they uses Visual Inspection Solder paste Inspection (SPI) X-ray Inspection Automated Optical Inspection
- They only get parts from authorized distributors to ensure durability, quality and performance.
All boards are manufactured and assembled in the JLCPCB, ensuring consistency and quality with everything we build.
- The resultant products created through use of SMT are versatile and can be used in different projects.
Soldering for SMT
- There is customized soldering process is used for SMT and elements can be connect through use of glue.
- Stable products can be created through this techniques and has high reliability then others.
Easy to Manufacturer
- Since there is no use of hole like the through hole technique so can be easily created. High speed creation of creator helps to make manufacturing process simple. So for getting the high quality manufacturing and in good way JLCPCB is most proffered. In other way they will helps you create your board fastly with that reduce the chances of errors in boards.
In SMT there is use of solder reflow technique for connection of different elements. The resultant products of SMT technique has been replaced the through hole boards designs. It also has given industry low cost, less weight and compact products for practical use with that manufacturers like the JLCPCB has made the use of this module very easy and simple for every users.