Here are two different types of motors, there is a stepper motor and a servo, an example of a servo motor is HC-KFS43 and HC-MFS23. These are some of the leading Mitsubishi servo motors on the market today. In this article, we will look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of these two types of motors and why servo motors are the best.
Both the stepper and the servo motor are used in automated processes where speed and accuracy are most required. However, the most important difference in how they work, the stepper operates in an open loop mode that does not require a response. Once the compulsory action is initiated the whole process is expected to be done automatically.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Stepper Motor
· There is no expected response which means it is self-sufficient, with the initiation of the remaining action step being taken care of. The motor itself acts as a local transducer thus maintaining accuracy.
· It is easy to operate and very safe in that in case of malfunction in some parts, the machine will shut down to prevent damage and cause damage to the operator.
· The engine is considered stable because even mechanical overload does not affect the machine.
· Most stepper motors are cheap and their operating costs are low.
· These motors are very susceptible to resonance so they need to step a bit to work properly.
· The machine is noisy and noisy in high speed. This is a great danger for those processes that may tend to have less noise.
· The performance of these motors is very poor as no matter how much load they usually use a lot of power.
· Due to a lack of feedback, monitoring steps that may be missed is difficult.
Advantages and disadvantages of Servomotor
· Motors work best with the use of power and the ability to handle the next job which is very profitable compared to the size of the car.
· The machines are quiet even at high speeds and have no resonance or vibration which makes them one of the most suitable engines for many automated processes.
· The accuracy and accuracy of the motors is very high compared to other motors, which are fitted with a connector that maintains accuracy and adjustment.
· Excessive heat is not a problem with these engines, although they have very heavy loads, they do not overheat