Hello readers welcome to new post. Today we will discuss 6 Layer High Precision PCBs for $20. There are many pcb suppliers are working in this world that provide the pcb based services at different rates. But of the best pcb services provider is JLCPCB that providing services to their user for the last decades. Recently they have introduced their promotions for sixe layer PCB prototype. They are not getting any additional cost via in-pad for six-layer PCB boards. With that, you can get the six layers boards in just 20$ before 5th January 2023. The board has dimensions of 5cm*5cm can get in 20$ in place of 100$.
With that they are offering the six-layer board with dimensions of 10cm*10cm (5pcs) and 5cm*5cm (10pcs) in just $60-63 that have 85$ prices. The engineering cost also has been reduced from 100$ to sixty dollars. This offering is for everyone who must visit the JCLCPB site to get huges discounts on 6 layers boards with great quality.
Quality of JLCPCB 6-layer PCBs
- Here we will discuss the quality of six-layer PCB offered by the JLCPCB.
- Here below diagram board is shown that have parameters discussed here
- It has six layer, with 78.05mm*70.37mm dimensions
- this board can be used to creation of FPGA development boards since it is a modified hardware, accelerator board.
- Forty percent of via created on pads and all BGA packaging used via on Pad
- Here four time closer view of via in pad shown
- There is another board shown that has six layers with 100.05mm*135.05mm dimensions and it is part of RF synthesizer for RF signal switching and self-calibration
- It has twenty-six percent vias positioned on pads
- Here you can see four-time closer to the via in pad
- The third board is shown having 180.07mm *137.14mm used in the wireless terminal and comes with ten percent of vias placed on pads. Via in pad used for all QFN packages
- Four-time closer view to the via-in-pad can seen here
Importance of Free ENIG & via-in-pad
- In the case of multilayer boards having six layers or more ENIG and via in pad are important facts to enhance PCB reliability.
- For six layers and more they normally preferred the ENIG for surface finishing. Since these boards are mostly used with high lead density configurations which require flat surfaces for soldering.
- Through the use of ENIG required flatness for solder pads can be get with good conductivity and solderability.
- While via in pads also called VIP that via are punched on pads of SMD and BGA components.
- Through using the JLCPCB POFV or plating overfilled via technique not only reduce the design engineer pressure but also enhances the PCB board quality and electrical performance for high design effectiveness
- With that overall volume of the board also reduces. To get the free vis in pad for six layer ENIG board visit this link Free ENIG & via-in-pad
How Via in Pad created on JLCPCB
- In the above figure you can see four pads on left side that are created with use of via in pad, the via holes in the pad are plugged through epoxy and after that plated with copper to make a flat surface.
- While pad on the right side is created through the use of a regular process and via hole is exposed, it is not required since during reflow soldering the solder can be wicked in the hole the element will not be completely soldered which can make it disconnected easily.
- At JLCPCB there is high quality and stable filled and capped vias used through plugging and capping.
- This technique makes this structure. In via in pad technique copper on the finished surface of the board is electroplated two time, one for hole-in-disk-hole copper plating and other for non in disk hole in hole copper plating
Advantages of JLCPCB 6 Layer PCB
- JLCPCB has updated the via in-pad process for six-layer boards for free and offered free ENIG to create PCB projects with high stability and reliability.
- As this pcb supplier has large-scale production so has the ability to decrease charges permitting everyone to get advantages of this JLCPCB advanced production.
- Here at JLCPCB, you can get one to four-layer boards in just two dollars and also enjoy high-level ENIG and via in pad process at good rates
Free Via-in-Pad on 6-Layer PCBs with POFV
- JLCPCB via in pad on six-layer PCB are updated to POFV for free and will remain to free for all coming high-layer count boards
- It means that there will be no charges for it for sample or batch orders, permitting users to get the advantage of this feature of JLCPCB advanced manufacturing. Here must note that the POFV of four layers board still has charges
- Via in pad is mostly used in high-end boards, but this process has been a premium feature inaccessible to independent designers and engineers due to its high charges
- But JLCPCB has made changes in this aspect through their advanced via in-pad process assuring more stability and reliability then regularly tented and plugged vias through use of copper plating thickness up to twenty-five microamperes. This process is known as POFV.
Advantages of JLCPCB’s POFV Process
- POFV techniques permit vias to be placed directly in pads. It provides additional flexibility in routing especially for BGA components
Good Electrical Functions
- The placement of vias in pads helps to reduce traces and save the board area. While regular vias have to take some distance from the pads they connected, POFV vias do not face this issue. Decoupling components in certain advantages to enhance the board stability
Save Vias in Harsh Conditions
- As vias created with use of POFV technique are plugged through epoxy and completely plated so they not affected by corrosion make sure that the reliable operation of the board in harsh conditions
- JLCPCB make stable POFV by combining the plugging and capping. This technique makes this via configuration
- For regular vias, these capped vias are firstly drilled and plated but not like normal vias they faces additional steps such as epoxy filling, heating to dry the epoxy, surface leveling and then plating step to make the cap over the via
- As this process is difficult but high operation and easy to use make this process effective
POFV Design Requirements
- There are some requirements that you follow
- Annular ring: 0.05 mm minimum, 0.075 mm preferred
- Via hole size: 0.2 to 0.5 mm
|Via hole size||0.2||0.2||0.25||0.3||0.3 (Free)|
- Must be positioned more than 0.7 millimeters from regular PTH or NPTH
That is all about the 6 Layer High Precision PCBs for $20 and POFV feature of JLCPCB must avail this features to get the high quality board’s thanks for reading have a good day