Hi, guys welcome to the new tutorial. In this post, we will discuss 377 Batteries. Batteries are the main component used for electronic projects and systems. From all size portable devices to larger machines each comes with batteries for their operation. The main type of battery is the 377 battery also called the SR626SW battery.
It is small in size but powerful button-cell battery employed in different projects and electronic devices. In this post, we will discuss different parameters of 377 batteries like equivalent, voltage, size, operating life, uses, and some other details
What is a 377 Battery?
- The 377 battery is a small-size button cell battery that comes with 1.55 volts nominal volts and a capacity of 28mAh.
- It mostly uses batteries in electronic devices such as calculators watches small toys and remote controls.
- Its cathode is made with silver oxides and its anode is with zinc. This battery uses alkaline electrolytes for example sodium hydroxides so its operation is like with the alkaline batteries.
- It is mostly used since it provides high and low discharge. it also comes with stable output during its operating life.
- The use of potassium hydroxides as electrolyte helps these batteries to work in high drain and low-temperature conditions
377 Battery Size
- It is a small-size battery that is about 6.8mm dia and 2.6 mm in height. This small size makes it useful for small devices
377 Battery Equivalent
- The other names of this battery are SR626SW, AG4, 177 LR626, 376, and 565 batteries. These batteries also come with the same size and voltage as 377 batteries so they can be interchangeable.
- Some devices need a certain category of battery, so it is suggested to read the device datasheet before replacing the battery, Here we can see 377 battery equivalent
377 Battery Equivalent Chart
|Battery Type||Nominal Voltage||Diameter (mm)||Height (mm)|
Difference Between 376 and 377 Battery
- The basic difference between 376 and 377 batteries is their capacity values. The 377 battery has a higher capacity of about 16mAh than the 376 which has 10mAh.
- It means the power provided by the 277 is higher than the 276 battery. Both batteries have the same value of nominal volts which is 1.55 volts and height and diameter of 2.6mm and 6.8 mm
- It is that 376 and 377 do not interchange and are not used as interchanging devices. Each battery comes with its own features and uses it is necessary to use batteries according to project demands and design
|Battery Type||Nominal Voltage||Diameter (mm)||Height (mm)||Capacity (mAh)|
377 Batteries vs 377A Batteries
- The 377 and 377A batteries are the same and can be interchangeable but also have some differences.
- They have physical structures different. Both come with the same value of dia which is 6.8mm in height 377A is larger than 377 is 3.05 mm and 2.6 mm respectively
- Both batteries have different capacities, 377A capacity is high which is 23mAh, and 377 has 16mAh.It means 377A operates for a longer duration
377 Battery Specifications
|Nominal voltage||1.55 volts|
377 Battery Voltage
- Its nominal volts are 1.55 volts but its voltage changes on the basis of applications. If the battery gets depleted its voltage is lost and affects its operation
377 Battery Life
- its working life is longer and works for five years and is stored accurately.
- However, its operating life changes based on applications and project demand. High-drain devices such as digital cameras and electronic toys use batteries faster than low-drain devices like watches and calculators
What are the Uses of 377 Battery?
- The different uses of the 377 battery are explained here
- it is commonly used in quartz watches. it has a reliable power supply which increases the watch’s operating life
- Due to the longer operating life, it is used in calculators.
3. Remote Controls
- It is used in TVs and DVD player remote controls.
4. Electronic Toys
- Alo used in electronic toys due to its longer shelf life
5. Digital Cameras
- It is part of digital cameras
How to Prolong the 377 Battery Life?
1. Store the battery properly
- The battery must be placed and stored in cool conditions and prevent direct sunlight and temperature. Battery storage in high-temperature conditions can increase battery discharge rate and reduce operating life
2. Use the right battery for the device
- The use of batteries in not accurate devices reduces battery operating life. It is needed to follow guidelines before using battery
3. Turn off devices when not in use
- If not use any device off it for saving battery life. It is good for high-drain devices like cameras
4. Avoid mixing new and old batteries
- The mixing of the new and older batteries affects the life of newer batteries. So replace the older batteries with new ones at once.
In conclusion, the 377 battery reliable and button-configured battery and comes in small structures. Differnt bateis like SR626SW, AG4, LR626, 177, 376, and 565 are equalent to the 377 battery. 377 battery has different operating life due to uses and its nominal voltage is 1.55V. It is important to store batteries properly, use the accurate battery for the device, turn off electronics when not in use, and not use old and new batteries in the same devices
1. Can we replace the 377 battery with a different battery type?
Yes, we can replace the 377 battery with its equivalent batteries like SR626SW, AG4, LR626, 177, 376, and 565 batteries. Before replacing must check both batteries can be easily configured in the application
2. How long does a 377 battery last in a watch?
According to watch uses and desing this battery can work for two hours on it
3. Can we charge a 377 battery?
No, it is not a rechargeable battery.
4. Can 377 battery used in a digital camera?
Yes, it can be used in cameras but can drain faster than other devices
5. Is stored in a 377 battery in a refrigerator?
No, it can cause condensation and damage the battery. The best is to store in cool and dry places and save it from sunlight.